Baby Brain

Chapter 3 of 'my Pregnancy' book written on the topic of My Aches and Pains During Pregnancy.

Let me write about it here. Copied from page 96 of myPregnancy book.

Thinking : baby brain

No one seems to know why pregnant women develop 'baby brain', but what do we know is that many pregnant women do seem to become extraordinarily forgetful during pregnancy. A recent study by scientists at Bradford & Leeds University seems to support the theory that hormones are to blame for short-term memory loss, but another study in 2009 claimed that 'baby brain' is actually a myth - at least physiologically. It seems that the only explanation for any memory trouble you're having is that your pregnancy is occupying so many of your thoughts that everything else gets pushed to the side.

Comfort zone
It can be frustrating and embarrassing when you keep forgetting things, so try these tips to help your memory :

  • Try carrying a large diary around so that you can write down all your appointments and work meetings.
  • Keep a small pocket notebook handy for lists.
Doctor's orders
Unless you do something really stupid - like go to work and leave the front door wide open, or drive the wrong way up a motorway - there isn't any need to worry if if you do become more absent minded; your brain should be delivered back to you with your baby!

...

From the fact written above, I just wanted to share on how I finally realized that I had been developing the 'baby brain' thingy.

Story 1

There was a situation where I just forgot a simple thing. During our mid semester test, I was writing my answer in a sheet of paper and all of sudden, I just failed to recall a very simple point in which, I had been assigned to do the paperwork and assignments related to that particular points. It was then I decided to leave it blank and just smile.

Story 2

This situation happens all the time. As my bedroom is upstairs, I always forget on why I am running downstairs and vice versa. For example, I was cleaning my bedroom and I needed a plastic bag to get rid off all the rubbish but when I walked downstairs, it took me few minutes to figure out why I was downstairs at the first place. Sometimes, it took me to get into my bedroom again and I did actually figured out why I was walking downstairs.

...

I was so glad that out of those two things that I hardly remembered, I still remember to take my pregnancy obimin tablet everyday. I also did a list for all the mom and baby essentials as well as writing down important dates for my regular check up. 

Currently I am 29 weeks pregnant and I had to write down my Fetal Movement Count in my notebook. It was quite funny since it was one of an obligatory duty to be performed by all mothers-to-be in the whole world once they reached Week 28 of pregnancy.

Thats all about my thoughts on the 'baby brain' thingy and let me share my actual 'baby brain' activities that I wasn't really expected.

   

I did collected free toys that came with McDonalds Happy Meals!

Listening to orchestra to calm my mind, I mean, our minds.
Bye!