Sales Advisor

Hennes & Mauritz.

The first company I had been enjoyed working. I had never thought that I had this strong feelings and passion in fashion until I was being part of it. I really love this job because this was my first job that I had been applied all by myself. Previously, I was being recommended by my father during the day when I had become a litigation clerk and my friend, the day I had decided to be a paralegal in Petronas, KLCC. 

Actually, it was my sister's idea. She was suggesting me to apply for a part-time job in H&M because it was one of the company that offered such a valuable, reasonable and quite high income in Melaka. Indeed, I had to agree with her. The minimum paid for a non-executive position in Melaka was RM900 and if in a small company it was as minimum as RM750. 

So, on that fine day, I walked and distributed my resume almost to the entire retail companies available in Dataran Pahlawan, Melaka. Of course, the first company was H&M, Hatten Square. I was actually targeting for Victoria Secret since I really love perfumes and all those pinky and glittering stuffs! Somehow, they did not offer any job at that particular time. 

After distributed my resumes to all retail companies, I was being informed that there was a part-time position available in H&M and I was being offered an interview session. It was so funny because it was my first time ever to attend an interview in a fashion company and...I was wondering on what I was going to wear during the interview session. It was not like attending an interview in an office which requires a formal attire, suit and all that black formal stuffs. This was far from my expectation - it was like a runaway fashion collaboration! LOL!

Being a law student and had an experienced working in a legal firm as well as in a high prestige legal office, proper attire was a must. So, I did some of my researched on attending an interview in a fashion company. It was so casual but I had a doubt on making it look a bit formal. So, here was my first look for my interview in H&M!



The key was to look smart casual but, I did made a statement of formality by adding a blazer and my favourite black bag. It was a backpack which I bought in Padini, KLCC during my time when I was a paralegal in Petronas. Good times. To add some fun to this looks, I add a necklace and paired it with a white Converse. (Seriously, it was still a funny thing to remember when I told some of my colleague that I wore a blazer during the interview!) But, hey, first impression last right? So, I guess, this was the best presentation that I want them to acknowledge my presence. LOL.

...

Few days  later, as I was busy carrying my phone (even in the bathroom), an unknown number called me and I got the job. I was being told to wear something casual, pair of jeans and of course, sneakers. Since I don't own any sneakers except those white Converse, and the fact that I hate sport shoes, I just wore them every single day. It was killing my feet a lot! So, for my first salary, I invested on a pair of sport shoes.

My first sport shoes ever.



Pretty cool, huh. I was so relieved that I finally bought my first sport shoes ever and working in H&M as a Sales Advisor required a lot of walking, standing and running. :p

The first thing that made me really love this job was that, I could wear my favourite pair of jeans to work. I don't have to iron for my formal outfit just like in the office. It was a fashion company and it was obligatory for each of us to be fashionable at all course! ❤❤❤



So freaking proud to wear those name badge and lanyard! ❤

Being part of a fashion company was really great because I could expressed myself and nobody would judged on what I was wearing. Working in here was like a cast in Carrie Diaries tv series. Plus, I don't have to travel to Europe for winter, I could wear my parka on the sales floor, in Melaka, without looking so weird! That was FUN!





Seronok pinjam baju adik2. :D



H&M Conscious campaign, double vouchers for each bag!
...


This picture was taken around 3am in the morning because our stock-take start at 4am / 5am! Woohoo!
My first and last stock-take ever!


...

Thanks H&M for hiring me. It was such a great time to be part of the team.

The SEVEN VALUES applied in our everyday job and could be applied in our life as well :-

Keep it simple.
Straight forward and open minded.
Constant improvement.
Cost conscious.
Entrepreneurial spirit.
We believe in people.
We are one team.

Will share on my working life soon. See ya!